An editor and content writer based in Seattle, Washington.
Bailey uses storytelling to build relationships between platforms and audiences. Her interests include honing a brand's authentic self, cultivating feel-good digital spaces, crafting meticulously error-free text, and honoring an audience's time and attention with useful and rewarding content. To see some of her past projects, scroll below.
• Bailey created a multi-platform social media campaign for a nationally-recognized literary journal with an emphasis on PNW imagery.
• The campaign utilized Facebook, Twitter, email newsletters, and digital and print ad copywriting.
• Bailey wrote content for the Bellingham Review's bi-monthly email newsletters with close attention to voice consistency and maintaining the newsletter's witty, yet reassuring narrative persona.
• Section highlights include "From An Editor's Desk" and "Dear Quandary"
• Bailey was asked by the startup Abilitrek to evaluate, revise, and copyedit a successful grant proposal for Microsoft's AI for Accessibility Grant Program.
• The proposed research project identifies accessibility features using computer vision.
• The proposal required close collaboration with team members. Parameters included a very short word count while still maintaining precision, emotion, and creativity.
• Bailey managed and edited blog postings for the Bellingham Review's 2018-2019 issue cycles.
• Blog engagement strategy included pulled quotes and shareable links for the journal's social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter).
• Section highlights include "Contributor Spotlights" and book reviews
• Along with facilitating a live stream for multiple professional training events, Bailey was asked to design and implement a months-long marketing campaign.
• This campaign utilized targeted emails and social media ads.
• It included encouraging CTAs and B2B copywriting.
• Bailey contributed copy for several B2C blog posts.
• Her posts kept brand-consistent style and tone, with an emphasis on positivity and mood-boosting encouragement.
• Posts included friendly CTAs and multi-media content.
• Bailey was asked to perform a comprehensive copyedit on a new website for Pransky and Associates Consulting.
• She also provided guidance on brand storytelling and personality, utilizing short (but sweet) copy, and user-friendly web navigation.
• Bailey performed editorial duties for two books written by psychologists and co-founders of Pransky and Associates Consulting. The projects included close collaboration with the authors, developmental editing, line editing, and proofreading services.
• She also created the product copy for The Relationship Handbook, which appears on all sites the book is sold.
• Upon its release, The Relationship Handbook Anniversary Edition became a bestselling product for Pransky and Associates Consulting.
• Bailey wrote and edited stories for the Center for Environmental Visualization's website and promotional materials.
• Web page revamping included UX-directed revisions to old text.
• She also assisted with writing internal site documentation used by employees to navigate and edit stories and posts.